Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Morales calls on communities to defend themselves (Jan. 14, 2020)

A recording of former Bolivian president Evo Morales calling on citizens to form armed groups was broadcast on public radio and later confirmed by the exiled leader. "Before long, if I return to Bolivia, we will have to organize popular armed militias, as Venezuela has done," he told a community radio in belonging to the coca growing union. (AFP)

People have a right to defend themselves against the interim-government's attacks, he told Reuters. "In Bolivia, if the armed forces are shooting the people, killing the people, the people have the right to organize their security," he said. Nonetheless, he clarified that he didn't mean armed with guns, but rather a form of communal guard or citizen defense group. He later tweeted that indigenous peasant movements had defended themselves in the past.

He stressed that such organization is within the constitutional framework and in accordance with local customs, reports Prensa Latina. He also denounced on Twitter, yesterday, how the interim-government that succeeded Morales after his November ouster is using the Armed Forces to massacre and persecute defenseless Bolivians.

Bolivia's military didn't take it very well. "Bolivia's people are hurt and our armed forces outraged," said Defense Minister Luis Fernando Lopez in a press conference yesterday.

Morales has been accused of terrorism and sedition by the interim government and an arrest warrant has been issued against him. Nonetheless, Morales said he plans to return to his country when campaigning for May presidential elections starts, according to AFP.

He said he would prefer to be incarcerated in Bolivia than generating collateral damage to third countries, like Argentina and Mexico, which have granted him refuge since his ouster. (La Razón) His presence has raised diplomatic hackles, and opposition criticisms in both countries, see yesterday's briefs.

(More at Nodal.)

News Briefs

Migration
  • The U.S. is shipping out asylum seekers to Guatemala -- but human rights groups say dozens of migrants were misled by U.S. officials into boarding flights, and who were not informed of their asylum rights upon arrival. Those who don’t immediately apply for asylum are told to leave the country in 72 hours. But, of the 143 Hondurans and Salvadorans sent to Guatemala since the program began last month, only five have applied for asylum, reports the Washington Post. And though the U.S. initially suggested that the "safe third country"-style program would only be applied to single men, less than a month after it began, families with young children are arriving on the charter flights.
Guatemala
  • Guatemala will swear in Alejandro Giammattei, a conservative physician opposed to gay marriage and abortion, as its new president today. The Asylum Cooperation Agreement with the U.S. will be one of his first challenges in office. (Reuters, Nodal)
Cuba
  • The Cuban government is holding thousands of inmates on dubious charges and has the highest incarceration rate in the world, according to a former high-level judge and an antigovernment activist. The revelations by Edel González Jiménez are believed to be the first public challenge to the Cuban government by a top member of the judiciary, reports the New York Times.
  • The Cuban government prohibits critics -- opposition leaders, activists, religious leaders, and independent journalists -- by refusing them permission to leave the island. In part this strategy is aimed at limiting the international recognition of critical voices, writes Abraham Jiménez Enoa, director of El Estornudo in the Post Opinión. (He was among the activists recently prevented from leaving their house by police on Human Rights Day, see post for Dec. 11, 2019)
Brazil
  • Illegal gold miners, garimpeiros, are destroying Brazil's Yanomami indigenous reserve. The problem has worsened since President Jair Bolsonaro took office a year ago, his ministers have met with garimpeiro leaders, and he has said the reserve is too big for its indigenous population. He introduced a bill in Congress that would legalize wildcat mining, reports the Guardian.
Venezuela
  • Venezuela's crisis is increasingly geographically unequal: Caracas, the capital, is thriving -- by executive fiat -- while the rest of the country is bled even more dry, reports the New York Times. "Across much of the country, basic government functions like policing, road maintenance, health care and public utilities have been abandoned.
  • The U.S. blacklisted seven Venezuelan officials involved in President Nicolás Maduro's attempt to wrest control from the opposition in the National Assembly, reports the Wall Street Journal. (See also Foreign Policy.)
  • The messy fight over the National Assembly is motivated by oil, say analysts in the Wall Street Journal. The Maduro government seeks long-term survival by bringing in Russian, Chinese and other investors to revive the country’s collapsing crude production. (See last Friday's briefs.)
  • U.S. sanctions waivers to U.S. oil companies operating in Venezuela are scheduled to expire on Jan. 22, reports Fox News.
  • Venezuela is experimenting with a new loophole to oil sanctions: allocating cargoes to joint-venture partners including Chevron Corp, which in turn market the oil to customers in Asia and Africa, reports Al Jazeera.
Peru
  • Upcoming extraordinary legislative elections in Peru -- to be held Jan 24 -- could be "a big opportunity for Peru’s anti-corruption fight, and could set the stage for presidential elections next year," explains Simon Tegel in Americas Quarterly.
Chile
  • The Chilean national institute of human rights is asking for a probe into chemicals allegedly used by police against protesters last Friday, reports Telesur. (See yesterday's post.)
Argentina
  • The fight against corruption in Latin America has been tainted by indications of over-reach in various countries -- Brazil and Peru, particularly. In Argentina, the plea bargain system implemented in 2016, "ley de arrepentido," has been used in ways that violate the rights of the accused, argues Graciana Peñafort in Cohete a la Luna.
Did I miss something, get something wrong, or do you have a different take? Let me know ...  

14 comments:

  1. Llevo un tiempo en los sitios de blogs y hoy siento que debería compartir mi historia porque también fui una víctima. Tuve VIH durante 6 años y nunca pensé que alguna vez obtendría una cura que tuviera, y esto me hizo imposible casarme con el hombre con el que se suponía que debía casarme incluso después de 2 años de relación que rompió conmigo cuando descubre que era VIH positivo. Así que conocí al Dr. Itua en el sitio del blog que trató a alguien y la persona compartió una historia de cómo se curó y dejó sus datos de contacto, contacté al Dr. Itua y él realmente lo confirmó y decidí intentarlo también y usar su medicina herbal, así fue como mi carga terminó por completo. Mi hijo tendrá 2 años pronto y estoy agradecido con Dios y también con su medicina. El Dr. Itua también puede curar la siguiente enfermedad ... enfermedad de Alzheimer, enfermedad de Bechet, enfermedad de Crohn, enfermedad de Parkinson, esquizofrenia, cáncer de pulmón, cáncer de mama, Colo -Cáncer rectal, cáncer de sangre, cáncer de próstata, siva. Factor de insomnio familiar fatal Mutación de Leiden, epilepsia, enfermedad de Dupuytren, tumor desmoplásico de células pequeñas y redondas, diabetes, enfermedad celíaca, enfermedad de Creutzfeldt-Jakob, angiopatía amiloide cerebral, ataxia, artritis, amiotrófico Escoliosis lateral, fibromialgia, toxicidad por fluoroquinolona
    Síndrome Fibrodisplasia Osificante Progresos Esclerosis, convulsiones, enfermedad de Alzheimer, carcinoma adrenocortical, asma, enfermedades alérgicas, VIH, SIDA, herpes, copd, glaucoma, cataratas, degeneración macular, enfermedad cardiovascular, enfermedad pulmonar, próstata agrandada, osteoporosis, enfermedad de Alzheimer
    Demencia, lupus.
    , Enfermedad de Cushing, Insuficiencia cardíaca, Esclerosis múltiple, Hipertensión, Cáncer colo-rectal, Enfermedad de Lyme, Cáncer de sangre, Cáncer de cerebro, Cáncer de mama, Cáncer de pulmón, Cáncer de riñón, VIH, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflamatorio hepático, Diabetes, Fibroide, Obtenga su ex Atrás, si tiene (A simplemente comuníquese con él en drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com o con el número de Whatsapp. + 2348149277967) También puede aconsejarle sobre cómo manejar algunos problemas maritales. El es un buen hombre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

      Delete
  2. Hello and Welcome to Spotcap Global Loan Services, My name is Claudia Klein, I am a lender and also a loan consultant.

    Are you in dire need of Financial reinforcement? do you need a loan for various purposes? if your answer is yes, I will advise you to contact my firm via | spotcapglobalservices@gmail.com | or message us on WhatsApp:  +4915758108767 | and have a loan in your account within 24 hours because we provide Excellent loan Services all over the world.

    We offer all kind of loan services (Personal Loan, Business Loan and many More), we offer both long-term and short-term loans and also you can borrow up to 15 million euros. My company will help you achieve a variety of goals with a wide range of loan products.

    We know that getting a legitimate loan has always been a huge problem To individuals who have financial problem and need solution to it, a lot of people are finding it so difficult to get equity loan from their local banks or other financial institutions due to high interest rate, insufficient collateral, debt to income ratio, low credit score or any other reasons

    No more waiting times or stressful bank visits. Our service is available 24/7 - you can get a loan and complete your transactions whenever and wherever you need it

    We Provide 24 Hours World Class loan services. For Inquires / Questions? - Send An Email To | spotcapglobalservices@gmail.com | or message us on WhatsApp: +4915758108767 | & Receive A Response In an instant.

    Your Family, Friends & Colleagues Don't Need To Know You Are Low On Cash, Just Simply write to us and you will receive a loan.

    Your financial freedom is in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in need of Urgent Loan Here no collateral required all problem regarding Loan is solve between a short period of time with a low interest rate of 2% and duration more than 20 years what are you waiting for apply now and solve your problem or start a business with Loan paying of various bills You have come to the right place just contact us abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do anyone still doubt natural herbs? I’ve seen the great importance of natural supplements and the wonderful work Dr Edidia has done in my husband life.I was looking for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease COPD treatments for my husband who was 72yrs old, my husband has COPD and cancer, his condition was very critical which i was very afraid that will not survive it.His white blood count was very low right now and his doctors are planning on starting some chemo or other treatment soon.. I don't believe he will last long if he does this.. His COPD  is getting worse even though he hasn't smoked in 30 years. so i decided to come online to see if there will be better alternative, during my research i saw a lady post about doctor Dr Edidia  who has power over deadly disease, so i decided to contact him because i really do not care about what my husband was talking in all i want for him is for him to get well for me because he was all i have, my husband took the remedies that he send to us through UPS  as he told us and few weeks later my husband stop to notice that symptoms of his disease are begging to leave him so he went back to his Doctor and he was told he no longer has those diseases.
    My husband is totally free of COPD and cancer if not for doctor Edidia who help us rid this problem there is a possibility that my husband wouldn't be alive today.
    their contact info (dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.comor whatsapp +2349074505296 visit his website http://dredidiaherbalhome.weebly.com/  or   https://dredidiaherbalhome.wixsite.com/dredidiaherbalhomehttps://dr-edidia-herbal-home.business.site/  

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally a Natural Product to cure Herpes and Cold Sores is Available at HealthyLife Herbal Centre. earning that you have HERPES  can be one of the most difficult experiences you go through in life. You may feel scared, sad or even angry – this is OK, and a completely natural part of coping with something that can be life changing.
    It will probably take a while for the news to sink in.

    My name is Bella faith gilmore and i am from the United States.

    I remember spending so much money buying drugs from hospitals hoping that i will be cured from HERPES INFECTION, but all to no avail. I contacted so many  doctors and they prescribe medicine for me which they indeed tried their best but was unable to provide for me a possible cure, luckily i saw a comment about a great work of (Healthylife herbal centre) online.

    I then contacted him (herbalist roman) through email healthylifeherbalcentre@gmail.com After much chat and enquiry with the doctor, i decide to take a leap of faith because i have nothing to loose.
    To my greatest surprise, healthylife herbal centre prepare a medicine and  send me a Herbal Medicine through FEDEX courier Service, and he gave me guidelines on how am to take it. I followed all procedures as instructed, and after 2 weeks of taking it i was cure from HERPES  his medicine is legit and it is real.

    I just want to encourage all individuals out there living with HERPES ,  ITCHY SHINGLES , Genital Herpes, HSV1&2, HIV/AIDS/ HPV, COPD, CANCER, Hepatitis b, Lupus, PCOS, Kindney failure, Lung cancer and alot more. That there is still a huge chance that you can get cure only with the help of  healthylife herbal centre. kindly contact him via email: healthylifeherbalcentre@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348074216045

    ReplyDelete
  8. OLÁ A TODOS
    Dr. afrid realmente é tão maravilhoso para mim que sempre testemunharei sua grandeza na minha vida, que poderia acreditar que o dr Afrid ervas medicinais me curou do meu vírus do herpes que eu estava tendo nos últimos 4 anos, me deparei com drafridherbalhome11 @ gmail. com em uma página de como tratar o vírus do herpes e vi muitos testemunhos de como o Dr. Afrid os ajudou em vários problemas e situações, e seus números de celular também estavam em cada testemunho +2349056393547
    para contatá-lo, porque eu precisava de ajuda para me livrar do meu vírus do herpes, escrevi para ele no app e contei o que estava passando! Caros amigos, todos os dr. lembre-se saúde é riqueza, ele me enviou um remédio herbal para a cura do meu vírus do herpes, fiquei muito feliz porque, depois de beber as ervas conforme as instruções dele, fui ao hospital para fazer um check-up para minha surpresa, meu resultado para o herpes saiu negativo Eu recomendo drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com para quem precisar de sua ajuda, você também pode
    ... Obrigado Dr ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is no scam,i tested him and he delivered a good job,he helped me settle bank loans,he also helped my son upgrade his scores at high school final year which made him graduate successfully and he gave my son free scholarship into the college,all i had to do was to settle the bills for the tools on the job,i used $500 to get a job of over $50000 done all thanks to Walt,he saved me from all my troubles,sharing this is how i can show gratitude in return for all he has done for me and my family

    Gmail; Brillianthackers800@gmail.com
    Whatsapp number; +1(224)2140835

    ReplyDelete
  11. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A GENUINE FINANCE COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I am Mrs,Leores Jazbel by name, I live in United State Of America, who have been a scam victim to so many fake lenders online between November last year till July this year but i thank my creator so much that he has finally smiled on me by directing me to this new lender who put a smile on my face this year 2020 and he did not scam me and also by not deceiving or lying to me and my friends but however this lending firm is BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE (drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) gave me 2% loan which amount is $900,000.00 united states dollars after my agreement to their company terms and conditions and one significant thing i love about this loan company is that they are fast and unique. {Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen} can also help you with a legit loan offer. He Has also helped some other colleagues of mine. If you need a genuine loan without cost/stress he his the right loan lender to wipe away your financial problems and crisis today. BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via Call/Text: +1(415)630-7138 Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then BENJAMIN LOAN INVESTMENTS FINANCE is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Leores Jazbel direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete

  13. I am a private money lender and Investor, Do you need a legit, honest, reputable and quick loan? I can help you with 100% guarantee loan, I am offering business and individual loan, More also we finance all kind of projects. Waiting to hear from you to enable us send you the loan application form or for more details contact


    CONTACT LENDER COMPANY:

    C.E.O. Deby Johnson.
    debyfinancingloans@gmail.com
    Whatsapp Number: +447459797459
    Whatsapp Number: +918375004762
    DEBY FINANCING LOANS COMPANY

    ReplyDelete